OuR FaMiLy

OuR FaMiLy

Monday, September 28, 2009

Big Boy Bed

This weekend we converted Ryker's crib into a "big boy bed." We added this rail because he would definitely fall out, but now he can get in and out of bed by himself. (Of course, good luck getting him to climb into it voluntarily!) He was pretty excited about it.

However... last night around 3:30 I heard some clanking around on the monitor and then Ryker started crying like something was very wrong. I ran in there to find him in his closet, stuck behind the vacuum! He had woken up and climbed out of bed and headed for the closet instead of the door. He got all the way in behind the vacuum before he realized he was lost and stuck and got scared. When I turned the light on he was still crying and had the saddest, most scared and upset look on his face I have ever seen. It makes me want to cry just thinking about it! He got to sleep with Mommy and Daddy the rest of the night.

... And today I bought him a night light.



Ryker doing "canon balls" into the pool.
(this was just tonight)

2 comments:

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Hee hee. Once you both get over the trama it will be pretty funny. We put shorty straight to a twin bed from the crib. the first night she fail out THUNK. I put her back in and she hasn't fell out since.

I love your new fam photo at the top of your blog. CUTE

Tasha said...

Ryker is so cute, that is fun that he has a big boy bed!! I am sure he was so scarred when he found himself lost. So guess what, I am preggy again, I would call you but I don't have your number because I lost all of my numbers when I lost my phone, but pretty exciting!! Anyway hope everything is going well.