14 years ago
Thursday, January 28, 2010
The Ferber Method
I just have to brag about my little boy for a minute. I guess first I have to admit something embarrassing... Ryker still doesn't willingly fall asleep without someone in the room with him. Its my falt because I have just kept spoiling him. Ben is working the night shift this week at his Emergency room rotation, so I decided this was a good week to try the "Ferber Method" its pretty common, so you've probably heard of it. A friend in our ward swears by it. Its the one where you let them cry for increasing periods of time before going in to comfort them... 5 min., then 10, then 15. Last night was the first night and he got to 15 min then went to sleep. Tonight he was really really upset so I thought is was going to be a long night (the 2nd night you start with 10 min, then 15, then 20) He cried through the 10 and 15 min. intervals, then at the beginning of the 20 min. interval he stood up in his bed as I left, but a minute later he started saying "Mommy- need help my blankie back on!" I couldn't leave him without a blanket, so I went in and re-tucked him in... he laid down very quietly and whispered "Mama... go in living room." So I told him I loved him and went out and he didn't make a peep! I feel horrible doing this to him, but I am so proud of him! Ben's not home, so I had to tell somebody.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
We did his with Jake a few months ago, and now I just put him in bed and he falls right to sleep. That is so nice that it is working so well. We really need to talk so I will call you sometime.
Nice work. The first few times are the hardest! Sounds like he is doing OK with it though!
Good job to you and him you won't regret it. He sounds like he is getting so big.
Post a Comment